Sandy Hill Kennels boards all breeds of dogs. With housing for over 90 dogs, we have the ability to accommodate the individual and specific needs of each family.
Our base boarding rates include:
- A minimum of 4 playtimes a day in one of our artificial lawn play yards
- Use of indoor/outdoor runs or x-pens
- Two feedings per day
Note: grooming and walking can be arranged for an additional fee.
Dog Boarding Rates (Non-Peak)
Dog Boarding Rates (Peak Season: Summer (mid-June to mid-August); Easter weekend;Thanksgiving weekend; and Christmas thru New Years holiday)
- Under 20 lbs. $42.00/day
- 20 - 49 lbs. $43.00/day
- 50 - 99 lbs. $44.00/day
- 100+ lbs. $46.00/day
Room Service Menu:
- Under 20 lbs. $47.00/day
- 20 - 49 lbs. $48.00/day
- 50 - 99 lbs. $49.00/day
- 100+ lbs. $51.00/day
- Pup Cup: a cup of whipped cream served with love
- Soothing Belly Snack: a bowl of pumpkin to soothe nervous bellys
- 'Barkery' Item: a nice treat to be given during your pets stay
- Frozen Packed KONG: filled with peanut butter, yogurt, and treats
- Paw-Cuterie Board: filled with pet-friendly fruits, veggies, and treats
- Frozen Yogurt Treat: a small frozen yogurt treat for your pet
- Calming Treat: a small treat to calm the nervous pet
- K9 Cognitive Enrichment: for dogs who would benefit from extra activity during their stay. This package includes one of the following: lick mats, interactive ball play, frozen puzzle treats, interactive treat dispenser time, or one on one time spent with their favorite toy.
- Deluxe Room Service: For the dogs who need a little extra love and attention during their stay. A calming treat will be given at check in and be provided one on one time with a staff member. You will receive a special report card that will be prepared and emailed to you for your pets first night.
While we love caring for all types of dogs, some dogs require additional care and can be an increase in liability to our staff. For these reasons, we have added "Difficult Dog" and "Specialty Care" categories. These categories incur additional fees due to the increase in labor and higher level of care. Therefore, at any time during your dog's stay, Sandy HIll Kennels reserves the right to change your dog's boarding category and charge the corresponding fees. Please see below for additional information.
Difficult dogs will be charged an additional $5.00/day on top of base boarding rates. Difficult dogs are those that cannot be handled or that can only be handled by limited kennel personnel. Each dog will be assessed on an individual basis.
Specialty Care Dogs
Specialty Care dogs will be charged an additional $5.00+/day on top of base boarding rates. Specialty Care will be designated for pets that require additional care due to a specific health condition or due to declining health. This will be on a case by case basis as determined by management.
Medications are administered at a rate of $2.00 per dose or application. For oral medications, we use pill pockets, cheese, or peanut butter to help administer the medication. If your dog takes the medication using something else, please bring it at check-in.
Clients are charged for a day of boarding on the day the pet is dropped off (regardless of time of drop off) and for every day that the pet is at our facility. Clients are not charged for boarding on the day they pick up if the pet is picked up before noon.
Sandy Hill Kennels requires Bordetella (6-month or 1-year dose), Distemper, and Rabies vaccinations. We suggest that the Bordetella vaccine is given at least 2 weeks prior to boarding.
If your pet's vaccination report does not accompany him/her upon arrival for boarding, a $5.00 fee will be added to your final bill for a phone call to your veterinarian for verification of your pet's vaccinations.
PA State Law now requires us to keep paper copies of all current rabies vaccinations for any animal in our facility. Please be sure to bring a copy of your current rabies vaccine (or vet receipt showing the rabies vaccine) on your next visit.
For the health of all pets staying at our facility, we do not accept dogs that are not up to date on their vaccinations. In addition, Sandy Hill Kennels does not administer vaccines to pets.